NEEDS OF CHILDREN in foster care
Savannah/Chatham CASA works with our community partners such as the Juvenile Court, Department of Family & Children Services (DFCS), and Guardian Ad Litem Angels in Action (GALAA) to ensure that children who have experienced abuse or neglect have their needs met. We want each child to know they are not alone and there is a team of adults working behind them. For this reason, we are often in need of the following items:
- Full-size toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothpaste, deodorant, and female hygiene products
- Large duffle bags or gift cards for suitcases for children when they come into care. Due to limited space, we prefer gift cards or foldable duffle bags
- Gift cards for sporting goods stores, Walmart, Target, etc. to assist with clothing/shoes for athletic participation
- Christmas gifts - complete the form below for more information
- School supplies - complete the form below for more information
Savannah/Chatham CASA has a few organizational needs to ensure that we provide quality advocacy to children in foster care.
- Gas cards for CASA volunteers to visit their assigned child in foster care
- Meals for our volunteer trainings - Annually, CASA will host 6-week trainings with community volunteers 6 times a year. We provide 36 meals to approximately 15 volunteers annually.